It is nearly impossible for find a good (i.e. healthy) store-bought salad dressing that isn’t way overpriced. The solution: make your own! Here is my current favorite recipe.
: : Creamy Garlic Vinaigrette : :
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sour cream or yogurt
- 1 tablespoon white or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed through a garlic press*
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
*2 cloves makes this dressing quite spicy. If you prefer a milder version, use the smaller amount.
Place all ingredients in a small jar. Screw on the lid and shake until well blended. Allow to sit 1 hour for best flavor. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Makes about 1/2 cup